Crank Furniture tabletops are constructed and crafted from a variety of recycled & plantation hardwood, natural stone marble and other durable elements.
Occasionally, We also use Aged Recycled teak from Burma & Indonesia as well as various assorted mix of old boat / construction salvaged timber in many of our products. Salvaged and recycled timber is rough sawn and may have knotholes, natural variations, splits or other character marks. These marks do not affect stability.
Iron and Metal used in our Furniture are mainly recycled from Salvage metal yards. When our bases are re-casted, it is always hand finished at the end of production cycle. Thus, no product will be identical in nature and that is an acceptable feature of Hand-Finished Product.
All products are fumigated and treated under strict guidance as per Australian laws governing import of timber.
Timber products are approximately 80% cured. Finished top will be hard, protected and ready to use right away, but complete hardening of the surface will not happen for 3 – 4 weeks. Even though our finish is commercial grade, it is not impenetrable. It is, however, the most durable finish available to us, and will protect from every-day wear and tear that occurs in a commercial environment.
For everyday cleaning, please wipe down with water spray. For any marks or stains, please use mild soap spray and Follow up immediately by spraying water and wiping with a dry cloth. Avoid use of abrasive materials, cleansers or bleach products, as they will damage the finish.
Here are a few additional tips that help extend the life and durability of our products:
- Lift items rather than dragging them along the surface and always use a protective felt pad on the bottom of furniture and accessories.
- When lifting smaller size Tables, please tilt table slightly to one side and then simultaneously lift tabletop end as well as table base end. If tables are lifted from tabletop end, weight of cast iron base will affect and loosen screws that hold tabletop to base. It is always recommended that 2 people lift or move tables, irrespective of size of tables.
- Never use an external product containing wax, alcohol or silicone without consultation.
- Avoid storing your products near extreme heat sources or extremely humid areas. Environments should be kept at 35-45% humidity.
- Timber Stain & finishes will darken or fades with time. Leaving a placemat or other item on a table for a month or longer will leave a discolored outline, so rotate accessories regularly.
- When any liquid like Wine or Coffee / Tea spills on tables tops, please blot / wipe it off immediately with a dry cloth.
- Cast Iron and metal products will form a natural patina and / or rust with time. There is no permanent fix or protection for this natural occurrence. Humidity and proximity to sea / ocean will also determine finish on metal products over a period of time.
We have taken utmost care to construct these beautiful pieces of furniture and we hope you can look after them so that they can be enjoyed for many years to come.
Get In Touch